HISTORIC CHARDON POST OFFICE
Listed on the register of Historic Places in 2008, this building was home to the Chardon post office from 1940-1986. The post office is an example of the Colonial Revival style common in the 1930s and 1940s.
The historic Chardon post office was acquired in the mid-2000s and a historically accurate restoration was performed all while modernizing the building.
The scope of work included the complete restoration of the brick exterior, restoration of all the windows, complete build-out & restoration of the building's interior, and all new HVAC, plumbing, electrical, fire alarm systems, computer data cabling, etc.
Historical Renovation/Adaptive Reuse
This adaptive reuse project was recognized by the City of Chardon, State of Ohio preservation office, the United States Department of Interior, Cleveland Plain Dealer and Crain’s Cleveland Business.