Historic Hotel Ashtabula
The 6-story, 55,000 SF historical hotel building was originally built-in 1919 & underwent extensive exterior and interior renovations to house the building's new tenant, Signature Health, Inc.
The state-of-the-art medical facility includes physician & administrative offices, exam rooms, multiple conference rooms, a full-service pharmacy & a large community room (former hotel ballroom).
Throughout construction, we worked in coordination with the contractor, JCI Contractors, and design team, Sandvick Architects, Inc. to comply with all historical guidelines and ensure material adherence with Ohio Historic Preservation Office and the National Park Service.
To offset the $5.2 million in development costs, the project received $1.2 million in federal and state historic tax credits. This is also the largest historic redevelopment and adaptive reuse project in Ashtabula County’s history.
Work on the historic building included:
• Complete construction of the interior
• Complete restoration of the exterior
• Complete restoration of the grand ballroom
• Complete restoration of the lobby
• Replacement of all windows with historical replicas
• All new mechanical, plumbing, and electrical systems.
• Two brand new custom elevators
Historic Renovation/Adaptive Reuse